Its the middle of winter -- the windows are closed and the heat is fired up. Its hard to keep the air flow crisp and clean while we're locked away, hiding from freezing winds and icy rains. Beat the air blues by filling your space with air purifying plants and enjoy a gift that keeps on giving!
Here's a list of some of our favorite hard working plants:
1. Bamboo - removes benzene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde while also acting as a natural humidifier by adding posture to the air.
2. Aloe Vera - filters formaldehyde and treats sunburn (good for when the sun finally shines!)
3. Spider Plant - grows quickly and removes tons of toxins!
4. Golden Pathos - guaranteed easy to grow and easy to keep alive - filters general air toxins
5. Boston Fern- great remover of formaldehyde and also a natural humidifier!
6. Peace Lily - great for removing airborne chemicals from cleaning products - great in the bathroom or kitchen.
7. Dracaena - best for removing trichloroethylene and works great in areas where heavy cleaning products are used